Sunday, April 29, 2012






So I sometimes feel like I make my kids miss out on things, because Zach has to study and I really don't want to tackle "big outings" by myself.  Wrangling three kids, and lets face it...kale doesn't ever sit and stay still.  But my friend Amber Basting told me I should really take the kids to Ag Fest in Salem.  So I did...we got up early...ok so it was only 6:30 am, but on a saturday that's early for me, and I got everything ready for the trip, including packing our lunch, all the girls soccer gear (Because we had to leave by noon so we could make it back in time for their games)  and soccer treats because of course it was my turn for both teams this week...  and off we went for the 45 min drive to Salem for Ag Fest, not quite knowing what to expect.  But I'm so glad that we went!!! The kids got to ride ponies, pet all sorts of farm animals, including a 2 month old baby lamb named strawberry.  The two girls got to hold a bunny, they got their facepainted, held baby chicks, planted AND brought home pumpkin, tomatoe, sunflower, marigold, and green pepper plants.  Plus Kale got to see TONS of huge tractors, dig for potatoes and play in a kiddie pool of what and another of dried corn.  After riding the horses Zoe REALLY REALLY wanted to have her own horse and said when she got home she was going to ask Dad if she could raise one.  I told her most likely Dad would say no...( for numerous reasons) and she said, that's ok, I'll just ask Grandma! :) BAHAHAHA!   And Miss Brielle was in heaven.  She LOVES animals. Her favorites had to be the bunnies, the puppies, but most of all the baby chicks.  Brand new, fluffy yellow fuzziness...I swear if I wasn't watching she would have tucked one in her pocket and walked away with one.  Guess what she asked Daddy for when she got home?  ( I think that got a faster NO, then the horses...)  She has yet to figure out to ask Grandma...my guess is Grandpa would be next on her list...we'll see.  Kale had SOOOO much fun...he loved to  look at all the animals,,,but his favorite was all the big machinery...particularly the tractors.  He has never said tractor or cow...and he repeated those words ALL day yesterday!  All in all it was a really busy...but really fun day for the Ripley's.  Very glad I made the effort and really glad that the kids had a good time.  I think we will even go next year! :)

1 comment:

mom said...

They are sooo cute and think of the memories they will have....